A business born from a desire to be of service.
Gayle has worn many hats, including executive director of a statewide nonprofit organization for 6 years, special events consultant, training facilitator, public speaking coach and board member. Inspired by her unique background and desire to see nonprofit organizations succeed, Gayle decided to become a professional benefit auction specialist and fundraising strategist. This led to the creation of FUNauctions, LLC in 2005.
While her experience and talents have enabled Gayle to guide many nonprofit organizations to wonderfully successful events, the true secret of her success is that passionate desire to see her clients thrive. Gayle considers herself extremely fortunate to be able to follow her calling – helping nonprofit organizations achieve their missions by cultivating greater levels of support from existing donors, and spreading the message to new donors.
Gayle truly understands how important nonprofit organizations are to the health and wellbeing of the communities they serve. When she agrees to work with an organization, she is 110% committed to their success.
What makes Gayle Stallings unique as a benefit auctioneer in Austin and throughout Texas?
- Gayle devotes considerable time to staying abreast of the most current developments in fundraising, especially in the virtual world, because she is committed to ensuring that her clients always have access to the best options available in this changing and uncertain environment.
- Gayle offers customized pre-event auction consulting (Not just one or two meetings or only showing up the night of your event but working with you every step of the way!)
- FUNauctions is Central Texas’ preeminent providers of high-energy in-person or virtual fundraising auctions and special appeal/Fund-a-Need experts for nonprofit organizations.
- As the founder and owner of FUNauctions, this is her full-time business based 100% on referrals.
- Gayle is an Expert Auction Consultant with more than 20,000 hours of event consulting experience. Gayle’s background in running focused committee meetings, facilitation training, and being a professional speaker who has had Improv training bring far more to your event than a typical benefit auctioneer.
- FUNauctions specializes in benefit auctions virtual fundraising and does not accept work for any other types of auctions.
“Fundraising. Starts with FUN!” is far more than a slogan.
It is how Gayle and her team approach each event. It is the experience that she helps organizations craft for their attendees, because when people are having fun and appreciate the importance of the organization’s mission, they dig deeper into their giving and generosity.
But don’t just take our word for it when we say that Gayle and her dedicated FUNauctions team have consistently delivered stellar results for clients:
- Read the glowing words from Gayle’s clients
- Gayle has raised over $115 million for FUNauctions’ central Texas clients – she gets results
- Gayle’s dedication and virtuosity in the fundraising space are recognized by her industry peers. She received the 2019 Luminary Award from the Austin chapter of the National Association of Catering and Events (NACE). Gayle was also nominated by the Austin chapter for the prestigious, national level NACE One Emerging Member of the Year award.
A few of the questions to consider when selecting an auctioneer for your event:
- Do you want creative solutions for your silent and live auction?
- Do you want customized pre-event consulting from your Auctioneer which will generate more ideas to bring in more money at your event?
- Do you want your guests to laugh and smile during your event?
- Do you want your Auctioneer to engage the audience?
- Do you want to net more money than you ever imagined?
If you answered “yes”, then you want Benefit Auctioneer Specialist and Virtual Fundraising Strategist Gayle Stallings with FUNauctions.
Capitalizing on her 6 years of experience as an Executive Director of a statewide nonprofit organization, national special events consultant, facilitator and public speaking coach led Gayle Stallings to create FUNauctions, LLC., a professional benefit auction and event consultant company based in Austin, Texas. Prior to this, she had traveled to more than 16 states, Canada and Europe with invitations to be a presenter at nonprofit conferences and trainings.
While serving in various leadership roles with Toastmasters International, she received awards for her achievements as an Area Governor, Competent Communicator and Competent Leader within the district.
Gayle is a licensed auctioneer specializing in benefit auctions and virtual fundraisers, and she has completed the coursework of the National Auctioneers Association. Gayle is among the less than 1% of Auctioneers throughout North America who hold the professional designations for Benefit Auction Specialist (BAS) and Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI) auctioneer.
These designations are an indication that an auctioneer is staying current with her education. Having a professional designation means that the auctioneer must complete the required number of classroom hours, in some cases, even years, of continuing education each year, ensuring that they are up to date on the latest standards and practices in the industry. The training is rigorous, and while having a designation is not required by law, it’s one indicator that an auctioneer has gone above and beyond to stay at the top of her craft.
Gayle enrolled in the inaugural class for the Benefit Auction Specialist (BAS) designation offered by the National Auctioneers Association in 2007. Auctioneer-scholars are required to complete 24 classroom hours, a detailed written auction summary report, proof of at least six benefit auctions and 24 hours of continuing education every three years.
Gayle is 1 of 25 auctioneers in Texas to have achieved the BAS designation (only 224 have achieved this in the United States.)
From 2010-2012, Gayle completed coursework for the Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI), the prestigious designation awarded to practicing auctioneers who meet the experiential, educational and ethical standards set by the National Auctioneers Association Education Institute. During the three-year program, attendees spend a week each year onsite at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.
Auctioneer scholars must attend all three years of the CAI at Indiana University with more than 120 classroom hours, complete all special projects and complete 24 hours of continuing education every three years. Gayle is 1 of 11 auctioneers in Texas to have received both the CAI and BAS designations (only 85 have achieved this in the United States.) To learn more about Gayle’s education and professional accomplishments – download her resume.
Gayle is an out-of-the box creative and brings so much energy to an event or livestream production. She has the ability to connect powerfully with an audience in fun and unexpected ways. Want to create a theme for your event? Gayle and the FUNauctions team will help you create a pleasantly memorable experience for your attendees.
Gayle sees opportunities where others may see challenges. Her unique perspective of having served as an Executive Director of a nonprofit organization means she raises money for other nonprofit organizations like it was her own.
Gayle is passionate and committed to understanding the industry and best practices. She became a member of the Texas Auctioneers Association (TAA) and the National Auctioneers Association (NAA) before becoming a licensed auctioneer in November 2005.
Committed to Your Success
Having served on the governing boards of nonprofits, Gayle understands how nonprofit organization’s board of directors, staff and volunteers think when it comes to undertaking a benefit auction. She knows how crucial the success of the event is to the organization’s bottom line. Gayle knows from her years of experience as a special events consultant you can never plan too much or too far ahead. Learn more about the FUNauctions professional services – check out the Services page for more details.
If you would like to discuss how FUNauctions’ Benefit Auction Specialist and Virtual Fundraising Strategist Gayle Stallings can boost the spirit of giving at your next event, please contact Gayle today!