Questions to Ask When Hosting a Virtual Fundraiser
When the COVID-19 crisis hit in early March, nonprofit organizations across the country were scrambling to make a difficult decision. How could they still host their upcoming galas in the weeks and months ahead when many states already had shelter-in place restrictions.
They were faced with the choices: cancel, postpone, re-schedule or go virtual. Many decided to think outside of the box and move their events online by using technology to raise the vital funds needed. By engaging donors through virtual fundraising, nonprofits were still able to tell their story in a meaningful way that created a mission-driven program with impressive results.
The team at FUNauctions can help you navigate through the many decisions you have to make when deciding if going virtual will be the best choice for your donors and organization. When you have Virtual Fundraising Strategist Gayle Stallings on your team, you have an expert by your side who will skillfully guide you step-by-step through the entire process so you can raise more money for your organization. Gayle provides each of her clients with highly customized and curated advice based on her deep experience, and her passion to share with her clients the best options among the latest developments in the fundraising sphere.
Gayle is a master at delivering live auctions, paddle raises and fund-a-need activities in an engaging and fun way that will enhance the giving of your attendees. As Gayle has discovered from her virtual fundraising events, these activities lend themselves extremely well to the online experience and help bring the infectious enthusiasm of giving seen at in-person events to virtual events.
Below are just some of the questions asked by development directors and event directors to see if a virtual option is the right way to go for their event.
- How much time do we need to plan a virtual fundraiser?
- What is the best length of time for a virtual program?
- How do we keep our attendees engaged for the entire program?
- How many items should we have in a silent auction?
- What live auction packages are doing the best?
- When is the best time to open and close the silent auction?
- Do trips and getaways still sell?
- Do extended expiration dates for travel-related packages help sell it?
- Can I just do a Paddle Raise and what are the results?
- What is the difference between a 100% remote gala versus a hybrid gala?
- How much of the program can be pre-recorded?
- What technical services are needed to produce a livestream production?
- What if I want to hold a small (micro) gala?
- How will social distancing logistics affect indoor and outdoor events?
- Should we sell virtual tables and tickets and is the pricing different from a live event?
- Is it better to open the event to the public for free so more people would attend?
- Will corporate sponsors see enough benefits to support a virtual gala?
- What happens during a virtual lobby?
- What mobile bidding platform should I use?
- Do I want my guests to use one device or two devices to bid and watch the livestream?
Gayle’s many fundraising events have given her a wealth of knowledge on what works, and what doesn’t. She has shepherded organizations through these questions and many more on the path to successful fundraising events. Please contact Gayle if you would like to pursue these questions further and find out how FUNauctions can make your next fundraising event your best one yet.
Take a look at these successful Virtual Fundraisers and Resources
Photos coming soon!
Contact Gayle Stallings to plan your upcoming virtual fundraiser.